Your sessions are confidential. We will not disclose information unless you sign a release of information. According to state and federal laws, confidentiality may be broken:
- If you pose a serious physical danger to yourself.
- If you pose a serious danger to another person.
- If you disclose that you or another person has physically or sexually abused a child, an incompetent person or a disabled person.
- If you disclose that a child, an incompetent person or a disabled person is suffering because of neglect.
- If there is a court order compelling us to release information.
We are required to report abuse or neglect if it is disclosed under the conditions given in (3)
and (4) to an appropriate government agency.